Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project Runway Finale Tonight



Who will it be? Who will win? Who will lose? I am sorry to say, I really don't feel that much about it one way or the other. Okay, screw it. This season pretty much sucked, only I'm not supposed to say that. I just feel that after so many weeks of re-tread challenges, low-budget quickie outfits, cocky assholes, TEN designers showing at Fashion Week, and the most interesting person (in my opinion) leaving the competition in the home stretch, it made for a pretty dismal season.

Quick--name your favorite challenge--?? Your favorite garment? Pretty hazy, isn't it? I don't know what went wrong with the show this season....It had all the usual suspects, plus they were back in New York. Maybe that's the problem; we've seen it too many times before. I guess that was bound to happen. And, like people, we tend to get bored of them if they always have the same thing to say. I love Kentucky Fried Chicken, but I wouldn't want to eat it everyday at every meal. Not even that new "Double Down" thing they are trying to make people stuff down their throats.

You can grill it, you can put it in a bucket, you can even stuff it between two other pieces of chicken...I think the truth is, until they make some major changes to Project Runway, no one's going to want to eat it anymore.

So, who will it be? Who will win? Who will lose? Will it be the Super-Cocky Emilio? The too-old to be a Rocker Seth-Aaron? The color-blind Mistress of Black and White Mila?

I don't know who wins; but I certainly know who loses.

9 comments:

  1. I like this season a hell of a lot more than season 6. I like Seth Aaron the best out of the three who are left. Jay was the best designer of the year but really screwed up in the end. Mila shouldn't be there. My students sew better than she does with her blocking. And your right, no designs come to mind as my favorite. I'll never ever forget human hair! Being an old time hairstylists and now a sewing teacher you brought both my worlds together and they day you stole my heart! :)
    Enjoy your moments watching. Congrats on a successful book signing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth Aaron to win (the hair? did he lose a bet?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never be too old to be a Rocker!

    I think they need to send them overseas again. Breaks it up a bit more.

    Actually one of the most entertaining spin off series was Project Runway Philippines. I can't put my finger on why I found it so entertaining - maybe because they took more chances? Played less to the whole reality TV thing and more to being themselves and making fashion?

    Also there should be at least one spa day with a tropical brunch in every series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TONS of changes need to happen to make PR good again. I could list a billion of them. Ugh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, face it. We all know no matter what, we'll watch next season. I know I will. I cannot help myself. I've been hooked from the first show. There have been some moments - great, funny, wierd, scary, stupid . . . Even some memorable ones. I'd never forgive myself if I missed. Buck up, Chris. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was kind of surprised that they had two red-carpet gown challenges this season. Not to mention two challenges that involved dressing Heidi. So maybe you're right - maybe they have run out of ideas. Personally I would love to see them back here in California, since the industry is so big here (in reality, garment manufacturing generates more dollars here than in N.Y., but since the corporate world, professional design world, and fashion press are based there, we're considered poor step children). The last few seasons since yours have been sort of a let down, although I'm always happy to watch the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was not as fun or as interesting as your season, & the talent was not as strong, but better than no Project Runway at all. Maybe there is a finite amount of true design talent left in the USA.

    Seth Aaaron lives just across the river from me, & I liked him the best this season.

    Love you, your work & your blog!
    Best wishes from Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say I applied to the upcoming season and hopefully I make it to the next step and get interviewed. I have been addicted to this show since the beginning and there are some htings I miss seeing--like the first time they meet the designers with past contestants, past contestants being on the show was so nice to see, maybe moreof their input about how has life changed or intorducing the challenges. Maybe a mentorship week like they do on American Idol--like the episode with Bob Mackie and his designs. So many good things seem left out and so much bitchiness seemed to rule oh well. Chris I LOVE the blog and adore what you do and that you were "out" on the show maybe more thanothers but it is what made me admire you even more!

    ReplyDelete